Breakfast Egg Muffins

Egg muffins? Egg cups? I wasn't sure what to call these. Either way, they make a great and filling breakfast or snack.

I love having an easy and filling breakfast to heat up quickly when I wake up hungry. These go so well with my green smoothies from my last post too 😋 

These muffins only have four ingredients in them, although they could have as many as you want. All that's in mine is egg, bell pepper, onion, and cheese! No flour means they're kosher for Passover too in case you're in to that sort of thing.

These really couldn't be easier to make. The most obscure thing you need is probably a muffin tin.

To start, whisk up your eggs. I've seen mostly online people use one egg per cup so 12 cups equals 12 eggs. However, I was able to use only 6 eggs and got 10 cups out of that. I think it depends on how big the other mix ins are that you are using.

When chopping your vegetables or meats, make sure that you dice them pretty small. I used half an onion and half a red bell pepper. Once diced, mix those in to the eggs and add cheese if you want it. 

Spray your muffin tin well with cooking spray and then you are ready to distribute into the cups. I used a large spoon to pour the egg mixture in and that seemed to work well and was mostly drip-free. Bake for 15-20 minutes (I had to do 20 minutes because at 15 it was still eggy when I tested with a knife.)

If you are freezing these, let them cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to a freezer-safe container.

That's it! Now you have 10 egg muffins all ready to go!


Recipe:

6 large eggs

1/2 bell pepper, diced

1/2 white onion, diced

1/4 cup shredded cheese


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.

2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl.

3. Add diced pepper and onion and cheese to eggs and whisk to combine.

4. Pour egg mixture in muffin tin cups to 3/4 full. Fill any empty cups halfway full with water.

5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

6. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. If freezing, let cool completely before placing in a freezer safe bag. To reheat, microwave in 30 second increments until hot.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts