Banana Ice Cream

Or should I say banana not-ice-cream. Because this is not ice cream. This is banana! Did you know that you can make banana ice cream with only a banana? Now you do!

This ice cream is really, really banana-y. If you don't like bananas, don't make this. Or you could make it and put cocoa powder or something in it! Yeah, do that!

To make the ice cream, you need: a banana (I used two), a freezer, a food processor (you might be able to do it in a blender), a knife, and anything you want to put in it.

First, cut your banana(s). It's really important to cut them before freezing, because then you can actually cut and peel them! I put a whole banana in the freezer, then cut it, and my fingers were not happy.

Once they are cut, put them in the freezer for 1-2 hours. I think I had mine in for 2ish hours, or maybe it was 1.5...

When they are frozen, take them out of the freezer and put them in your food processor.

Pulse until the chunks are broken down. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and pulse/process again.

Run the food processor until the bananas are smooth and creamy.

Now you can add whatever you want to it! I used a little bit of vanilla extract (I couldn't really taste it), a little bit of sugar, and a little bit of honey. Like I said earlier, cocoa powder would probably be really good in this.

A note: I just cut the bananas and froze them and processed them. And the finished product had many seeds in it. If you don't want many seeds in your ice cream, you can scoop out the middles before you cut the chunks. Just slice the banana in half hot-dog style (long ways) and use a spoon to get the middles. Be careful not to scoop all the banana out, though! 

Another note:  When you first blend it, it will be creamy like custard or something. If you want it more ice-cream-y, freeze it again once it's mixed up. I just put mine in the freezer to save for later, but now it's even better, I think!

Comments

Popular Posts