Ghirardelli Brownies


Story time!

So I was walking down the street, just boppin' to the beat...

Oh, wait. Wrong story. Rewind!

So I was at Costco the other day, and I saw this gigantic box of brownie mix! And I just had to have it! So we bought it. Yay! Happy story!

Yeah, so I made brownies yesterday. And they were from a mix and they were delicious. Sometimes I'm lazy (a lot of the time I'm lazy) and don't want to put in all the effort of baking but still want to bake. Ya know? But usually I don't have mixes, and I have to make stuff from scratch. But since we got brownie mix, I made lazy brownies! (There is absolutely nothing wrong with mixes, and you are not lazy for using them!) They were delicious, and everyone loved them! Huzzah!
Pre Bake

There really isn't anything complicated about these brownies. But I will tell y'all about the "adventures" I had cutting them.
Post Bake

So I baked them yesterday, and ate about 4 of them yesterday. But for the rest of them, I let them cool completely and cut them this morning. And I had a really difficult time cutting them. I was using a spatula to cut them, since I thought that that would work. Wrong! It didn't work. I don't know if it was me and my not-so-fabulous-brownie-slicing-mad-skizzles or what, but I would cut a piece and take the spatula out and there would be like the entire bottom half of the brownie on the spatula! Like what the heck! And I was just going to keep using the spatula, but then it fell (I did not drop it! Or maybe I did. I don't know, there weren't any witnesses...) on the ground and that was the end of the spautla's use for today. So I switched to a butter knife. And I don't know if I had miraculously gotten better at cutting them or what, but those last three brownies were sliced really well. Yeah, it was probably all the practice I had from the spatula.
See how neat I cut it? Go Elissa! Wooo!
Recipe:

1 packet brownie mix
1 egg
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oil

Mix together ingredients and pour into a greased pan. I used 8x8 I think. Bake for 45-50 minutes if you're using a metal pan. I used a glass pan, so I had to add 5 extra minutes.

I got about 20 brownies out of this, since I cut them small.

Comments

  1. They were delicious :)
    -Erin :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous comment.
    -Dani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM NOW HUNGRY!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these brownies all the time, they are so yummy but I get so tired of half the brownie is on the knife when I am cutting them. I will be truthful I never used a butter knife and I will have to try that tomorrow but I usually use a regular sharp cutting knife and half the brownie breaks apart. Thank you for your posting and idea. These brownies is for my friend celebrating his 50th birthday tomorrow and I want them to be prefect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts