Lemon Sugar Cookies

Wow! Did Elissa make another lemon flavored baked good?


Why yes, yes I did. And these cookies are very delightful!

Even though they have the zest and the juice of a whole lemon, they don't have an overwhelming lemon flavor. It's more of a subtle taste with a really cute light yellow color. I think these cookies would be perfect for a springtime garden party, if those exist.

I've never been to a garden party, though, so I wouldn't exactly know what would be perfect at one.


These cookies are super soft and kind of chewy; really a great texture in a cookie.

And they're still chewy and pretty soft a few days after they were baked, which is a really good sign. Usually cookies harden up a lot two or three days after they come out of the oven.

I had these cookies and left over beef pad see ew for breakfast, so you know that they're good!


These sort of remind me of the m&m cookies I made last summer. They're both soft and chewy cookies. I was also wondering if this recipe could be modified into a chocolate chip cookie recipe. The recipe on the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip bag usually comes out too crunchy for my tastes, or just not how I thought it would turn out. I think if you took out the lemon and added some brown sugar and chocolate chips they might still come out chewy and soft with a chocolate chip-y flair! 

Pre Bake

Post Bake

Recipe (from My Baking Addiction):

2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
Sugar for rolling dough


Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside. Beat butter and sugar for about 5 minutes until fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla, lemon zest and juice and beat together. Add in flour mixture in two parts and mix until combined. Chill dough for a few minutes while the oven is preheating. Roll dough into about teaspoon or tablespoon sized balls and roll in sugar. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

The original recipe says it gets 24-30 cookies and I got 60+ cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts