My Food Vacation

I didn't bake. Sorry guys. But I do have a reason for this post. I was in North Carolina and I had some seriously good food!

First, in Charlotte, Cowbell Burger and Bar. It was great! One of the best burgers I've had, probably ever. But before the burgers, we got Sweet Potato Croquettes as an appetizer. Oh my goodness. These were good! They could have been listed under Dessert, but who cares! They were like a donut hole almost, and they came with this brown sugar butter. Wow. For the burger I got the Gambler and it was soooo good! And it had an onion ring! Woah! And the fries were so good too! Love it!
Oh my lanta!

Next, in Asheville, Carmel's. Asheville is kinda hipster, sort of a Brooklyn-y vibe, and Carmel's was super cool. I got a pizza with red onion and spinach on it; yum. And the bread that they bring out to the table before your meal was really good too!

We went to the Biltmore and before we left we obviously had to get ice cream, so at the Creamery I got apple pie ice cream in a cake cone. You know how usually the cones are kind of small, but just normal cone size? Well this cone was bigger than that and I love the cones so much! The ice cream was totally delicious! It was apple pie flavored ice cream (can they do that?) with little chunks of apple pie filling and crust. Impressive.

We also went to Mount Mitchell, the highest point east of the Mississippi! It was actually fun! We drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway, in horrible fog mind you, and then went up to the peak! But before we went to the top, we had lunch in the resturaunt there and I got a steak philly and it was HUGE! I was not expecting that! But boy was I hungry, so I wolfed down the whole thing and it was really good! Good mountain climbing food with a beautiful view since the fog was starting to break! So after we ate we went to the top, then hiked a trail back to the car and I discovered that I kind of like hiking (when it's not too hard of course).

Finally, in Burlington, Mimi's Cafe.  It was just a cafe-bistro type of place, but it was really good! I got french onion soup and then for dessert we had to get the Molten Chocolate Cake. I need to think of more adjectives for good and wow but wow, it was good! It was warm, and it had ganache on top and itmolten inside. And it had strawberries on the side with strawberry juice-sauce and it was sooooo good! And it wasn't heavy like some cakes are. It was light and warm and just gooey enough. Ok, I have to stop talking about it. But seriously. And apparently they have them all over the southern US so we can go again! Yay! More cake!
Dat burger
And I'm sorry that I don't have more pictures of all my wonderful food. I didn't bring my phone into all the restaurants. Women's clothes need more pockets.

And in other news, I got some new shoes and they're cute and comfortable! Hooray!

And I finished watching Breaking Bad on Netflix so I'm almost all caught up for the new episodes in August! And I got this blanket with soft fuzzy stuff on one side and sherpa on the other and it's cheetah print! 

I use a lot of exclamation points. They should come up with another mark; an interrobang possibly

Comments

Popular Posts